This position requires an individual committed to the cause of promoting, protecting, and advocating for the human rights and self-determination of Texans with disabilities. The Administrative Coordinator (The Admin) supports The Arc by providing front desk customer service, assistance to the Finance & Operations department, and the Master Pooled Trust (MPT) department, as well as handling a variety of tasks to run and coordinate the day-to-day operations of The Arc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates ability to organize, manage, and prioritize tasks
- Exhibits pro-active, problem-solving skills, and ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, manage time and resources
- Retains confidential and time sensitive information
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Admin performs several administrative support and customer service tasks to ensure efficient operation of The Arc’s office environment. To ensure success in this role, The Admin should be committed to providing attentive support for internal and external parties and be skilled at various office tasks.
- Administrative Services
- Greet guests, answer phones, sort mail and email correspondences
- Manage the email@example.com email account.
- Respond to inquiries about information and referral.
- Prepare and submit check requests for F&O related expenditures.
- Assist Executive Team with programs and events as requested.
- Log incoming checks into respective spreadsheets for The Arc, MPT, TARC Group Home (TARC), and the Alliance of Pooled Trusts (APT).
- Assist with data entry functions related to The Arc, The Arc’s building, and TARC.
- Plan office parties and Lunch N Learn events.
- Serve as the office liaison to telephone, internet, printer, shredding, and other vendors.
- Manage postage machine refills and system updates.
- Setup new employee workstations and other office admin setups.
- Coordinate office closures and holiday breaks with USPS and other delivery vendors.
- Submit building maintenance requests to property management company and follow-thru to ensure completion.
- Ensure general housekeeping of office & kitchen, and office supply needs are met.
- Run errands as needed.
- Respond to calls regarding enrollment, disbursements, funding and closing accounts.
- Log incoming checks and joinder agreements.
- Scan incoming disbursements, request forms, and receipts.
- Mail new enrollment packets, funding notifications, disbursement request forms, and brochures.
- Collect responses from annual surveys.
- Work with team to update policies and procedures, FAQs, and other correspondence.
Qualifications for the Administrative Coordinator
- Capable of working both independently and as a member of a collaborative team, as well as communicating with individuals at all levels of The Arc.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Coordinator duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience, providing administrative support; years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Prior work with individuals with disabilities and families is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and MIP Fund Accounting software a plus.
People with disabilities, BIPOC individuals, and members of other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you require accommodations to effectively participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-252-9729.
- Approximately 22 co-workers in relatively close quarters.
- Approximately 10% of this job can be performed remotely, with approximately 90% occurring in-office, and 0% in community-based settings (e.g., off-site meetings, etc.).
- Although rare, occasional weekend or night work may be requested.
Compensation and Benefits
The Arc values its employees, and as such, strives to offer a competitive total compensation package which includes both cash compensation and benefits. This position is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Employer sponsored health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan benefits and employer matching up to 5%
- Thirteen (13) days of vacation leave each year (accrued per pay period)
- Twelve (12) days of sick leave each year (accrued per pay period)
- Employer paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits
- The Arc observes sixteen (16) days of holiday which includes a weeklong winter break
Salary Range: $17.00 – $19.00 hourly (commensurate with experience)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Coordinator Application.” Recruitment agency inquiries will not be considered. Applicants who are applying with accommodations will receive individual instructions and assistance.