The Arc of Texas seeks an Administrative Assistant for the Finance & Operations department to provide “front desk” customer service, assistance to the Finance & Operations department and the Master Pooled Trust department, as well as handling a variety of tasks in order to run and coordinate the day-to-day administrative duties of the organization.
The Administrative Assistant will work under the Manager of Operations under the Finance & Operations Department. The Finance & Operations Department collaborates with all departments of the organization to provide responsible stewardship of funds and ensure operations run efficiently, so that staff are able to focus on fulfilling the mission and vision of The Arc of Texas.
Goals & Expectations
- Provide efficient and professional administrative services. This includes general receptionist duties such as greeting guests, answering phones, sorting mail and email correspondences.
- Respond to Information & Referral inquires and creation of a FAQs document.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator by providing accounting support for The Arc of Texas, TARC Group Home #5, and The Arc of Texas’ building. This includes data entry, scanning, filing, and other administrative duties as requested.
- Assist the Manager of Operations with various duties including planning office events and Lunch ‘n’ Learns, managing Kudoboard for staff celebrations, office liaison to third-party vendors, postage machine management, ensure building maintenance requests are submitted and completed in a timely manner, and office supplies are replenished.
- Assist the Master Pooled Trust Department. Duties include responding to incoming calls regarding enrollment, disbursements, and funding and closing of trust accounts; logging incoming checks and joinder agreements; scanning disbursement request forms and receipts; mailing new enrollment packets, funding notifications, disbursement request forms and brochures; collecting responses from annual surveys; and working with the team to update policies and procedures, FAQs, and other correspondence.
Skills & Experience Overview
- Skills or previous experience in administrative tasks.
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and so forth.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a manner responsive to a diverse audience.
- Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work remotely, as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual Spanish highly preferred.
The salary range for this position is $14-16 hourly, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills. Additional benefits include healthcare, dental, retirement, employer-paid short-term disability, vacation and sick time, and a winter break from December 23 to January 1.
Applications are due March 28. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Assistant Application.” Recruitment agency inquiries will not be considered. Applicants who are applying with accommodations will receive individual instructions and assistance.