Inclusion Works values and indicators of implementation of inclusive practices on a campus or in a district:
• Disability is considered by adults and students as only one of many attributes possessed by each child;
• All students with disability labels are members of the general education community;
• Students receive special education services and supports in general education settings;
• Students with disability labels are involved and making progress in enrolled grade level curriculum based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) or Pre-K Curriculum; and
• Special educators and general educators work together in general education settings to meet
At Inclusion Works, participants can expect to learn how to:
1. Provide access to the general curriculum for students with disabilities using the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and the Pre-K Curriculum.
2. Support students with disability labels in inclusive settings-including use of Assistive Technology and school-wide positive behavior interventions & supports.
3. Improve skills in planning, collaboration and co-teaching.
4. Use PLAAFP to write grade level standards based IEPs and how to implement them.